Sunday, February 10, 2008

This Kiss


Inevitability. Fate. Destiny. Call it what you will, but whatever the heck it is, it happened tonight: My best male friend and I kissed.


It was the kind of earth-moving, can't-catch-your-breath, make-you-lightheaded, kind of kiss that "just happened." One minute I was standing in his kitchen, leaning against his dining table, waiting for him to drop me back home. And the next minute we were in an embrace...kIsSinG! It wasn't a hungry kiss or a timid one either. It was a ...um..."sensitive" kiss that you get lost in, that makes you forget where you are. Any and all feelings that we had been suppressing rose to the surface in that one kiss. Afterwards, we looked at each other confused and yet fully aware at the same time. We climbed into his car, drove in awkward silence for a few miles, and then, in my driveway, we promised we'd give each other space...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's late: I need to process this one overnight. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear what happens when you've 'processed' this!

ExposedNYC said...

Wow, minutes after it blows your mind you're talking about needing "space"? That's the fastest relationship timeline I'v ever heard!

Can't wait to wrap my head around more details.

RJTrue said...

I am jealous! Yay for you!