Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cyber flirting


I met a boy! Well, we first met about 2 weeks ago, but when I saw him again today my interest was piqued! He's a senior customer service representative and I was one of the lucky persons who received his impeccable service. I'm not saying that just because he's cute. He really was very pleasant, helpful and well-spoken (who doesn't love a guy with mastery of subject-verb agreement?). While he was processing my paper work, we struck up a conversation about a local singer and I caught myself twirling my dangling earring between my fingers: a clear (subconscious) indication that I am into him.


He's a total "couch candidate:" someone you would love to sit on your couch, if for nothing else, to admire his beauty! Complete with twinkling brown eyes, full lips and a bright smile, he's absolutely gorgeous!


He attached his business card to my invoices on two separate occasions (a week ago and again today). That could mean that he's interested or just that he takes his job seriously. He subtly checked me out as I rose from my seat. It could be that he's just a guy and that's what guys do. He told me to send him an e-mail if I had any questions. I can't tell if he's interested or just a nice guy. Whatever the case, I'd like to see him again.


So, my question is: Can you ask a guy out by e-mail? If so, what's the protocol?

5 comments:

marisa said...

Why don't you email him and thank him for his wonderful service? Then -- if he's interested -- he's got a door open to ask you out. If he's not, then you didn't reveal much, just that you appreciated the pleasant business experience he gave you!

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

That is such a hard question. I say, think of something - anything - to ask him. Also include something that's kinda off topic, but not too off topic. And if HE takes the conversation in another direction, THEN try to get him to ask you out.

Chevy said...

I love this blog thing. You girls give great advice. I'll drop him a short line sometime tomorrow "thanking him" for his service and hope that he sees right through me. ha ha! Thanks, girls!

marisa said...

Good luck!!

RJTrue said...

DO IT!!!! Just be cool about it (which you already are)
Thank him
(which you're going to)
And say something nice
(job done)

I'll be back to make sure you did!