Sunday, February 3, 2008

On Being Mine




I can just see him now: That little son-of-a-gun is sharpening his arrows, roaming the earth to see whose heart he can pierce. Yeah, I'm talking about that little cherub that's adorable when you have a honey, but loathed when you don't. Cupid's arrow is gonna miss me by a mile this Valentine's Day and I'm a little bummed out about it - but only a little.



Considering Hank and I broke up on November 12th of last year and I have been giving myself 3 months to cry, eat ice cream, meditate and get my act together, Valentine's day rolls around at just the right time. Just 2 days past the mark, it's the perfect season to start getting out there to meet new and interesting people! I'm not looking for hook-ups (not that kinda girl) or even necessarily candle-lit dinner dates. Instead, I just like knowing that I'm giving myself the freedom to have a good time! I can now look forward to showcasing what I love about me and attracting gals and guys with similar interests. I don't need to be in a relationship to feel secure and sexy. This Valentine's day, I intend to "Be Mine!" Thanks Cupid for bringing me to this realization (in a roundabout kind of way)!




What are your plans for Valentine's Day?




2 comments:

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

Well, if it was on a weekend, I'd so something silly like take myself to dinner and a movie. But I've got school and papers, papers, and more papers due. So, I'm just gonna pass on it this year.

marisa said...

I'm gonna treat myself to a long shower, a home facial and mani/pedi, and then watch a couple chick flicks in my robe. I did it last year and it was just the trick. I'm also considering sending myself flowers with a card saying, "I love you, You!" Haha. :-)