Thursday, February 21, 2008

It was 8:00 a.m. and...

I told him I was impressed with the "pleasant business experience." I wrote that I appreciated his friendly and down-to-earth service. And I signed off with a simple "thank-you". Then I post scripted that I'd like to listen to his show (I learned that he's a part-time radio personality in yesterday's convo) and asked what time he was on air.

Now, It's 6:00 p.m.

And...

No response.


Well, I'm a little disappointed; but I am proud of myself for putting myself out there (even if it was just a little bit). I NEVER ask guys out. I'm a terrible initiator when it comes to flirting (oh, but I'm a great follower). I'm accustomed to the chase not the chasing. But I won't let this experience deter me from being bolder around the hairier sex. Practice makes perfect, right?

4 comments:

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

Hey, don't give up on him just yet. He may be busy. Or he may not have been able to check his email yet today. Give it a day or so.

Chevy said...

yeah, I thought of that too. We'll see.

RJTrue said...

Added you to my blog roll. Hope that's OK. I agree . . . give it just a little more time. Crazy how our mind can wander when we are given too much time!

No matter what happens, don't let it deter you from being the initiator . . . IF that is what you want!

marisa said...

I don't ask guys out either. I seriously feel that when the guy is interested, NOTHING will stop him from pursuing. If he's doesn't ask me out, it's because he just isn't in to me. And I want a guy who's TOTALLY in to me!