Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chevy + Cute Guy = Superbly Awkward Moment


I am officially the worst flirt in the world! Yesterday, I went about with my nifty new camera taking pictures of the sunset, mangroves, trees - whatever, was visually interesting. At one point, I was so engrossed in my new found hobby that I hadn't noticed an attractive, slightly older gentleman looking at me. It wasn't until I looked up from my view finder that our eyes met and I panicked! I blinked hard and fast and re-averted my gaze to the camera. As I'm feigning an unhealthy amount of interest in my little gadget, I'm thinking, "Crap! And he is cute too! Redeem yourself, Chevy, and just smile at him!" But, nope. Chevy is too much of a dorky, awkward girl for that. I decided to pretend the moment did not just exist.

But, as luck would have it, I had to cross him to get back into my car - after that clever display of social ineptitude. And, to add insult to injury, just as I was walking past him, I bumped my toe against a rock and had to hop the rest of the way to my car! OUF!




I really need to work on my technique!

2 comments:

marisa said...

I totally find that smiling at a super-hot guy can be intimidating. I guess it just takes practice, huh? Better luck next time.

Chevy said...

Thanks Emma! Maybe it would be easier to walk around with a permanent smile, but I doubt I'd get anybody to make eye-contact with me then.