Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Closure

I never wanted to be your ex-girlfriend because I saw the way you treated your ex before me and that was not pretty. Now I wish I had her number to apologize on your behalf and to tell her I feel her pain. You're not an easy guy to get over, even though you find it easy to ignore my calls. Just like her, I did nothing wrong. Just like her, I just wanted to remain friends. But you seem incapable of that, so I respect your decision to not communicate with me. I will not write. I will not call. I will tell our friends that I'm doing great until that lie becomes the truth.

I sincerely wish you all the best. Thank you for being my boyfriend once. Thank you for being the only man that I ever truly loved until today. Thank you for the lessons I learned during and after a relationship with you. Thank you for forcing unwelcome closure. You've been most helpful in this journey towards loving myself.

- Chevy

6 comments:

Exposed said...

Wow. Beautifully said.

"I will tell our friends that I'm doing great until that lie becomes the truth." is pretty much a lesson to live life by.

My heart is with you.

just jamie said...

Oh, ouch. Send it, send it!

So@24 said...

Eeeek.

Rough...

Chevy said...

You know writing IS therapeutic. Since writing that post, I feel stronger. I went through a rough patch last week where I cried every night at the sound of any slow song or the thought of him with someone else (and I do think there is someone else). But, i talked it out with a friend and I came home to write those words and...well, time will tell. But I think I've cried my last cry. Dear God, please let that be my last cry... I's tired!

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

I could have written that exact same letter a few months ago. I know what you're going through, sister.

It will get easier as the days go by. I promise. I know.

Misty said...

Some times the only way to heal is to create an absolute clean break....