Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Living great in '08


A friend shared with me some tips for a powerful new year. Thought I'd share them with ya'






  1. Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy


  2. Try to make at least 3 strangers smile each day.


  3. Clear my clutter from my house, car, desk and let new flowing energy into my life.


  4. No matter how I feel, get up, dress up and show up.


  5. Make peace with my past so it won't screw up the present.


  6. Frame every so called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"


  7. What other people think of me is none of my business.

3 comments:

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

Great "rules" to live by!

Sort of along the lines of #6, whenever I find myself faced with whether or not to commit anything to memory, I ask myself this: "Will it make me smile when I'm 70?" If no, I try very hard to let it go and move on.

And in reference to #7, I had a minister - and very good friend - who used to say, "The only people who talk bad about you are the people who want to be you." Along those lines, I try to not have anything negative to say about anyone, and I don't let it get to me if/when I hear that someone has something not so nice about me.

marisa said...

I love these!

Chevy said...

And the people who talk bad about you are the people who don't think you're worth their time to truly get to know you. Who needs people like that in their life?