Thursday, April 10, 2008

Luca, Cyrus, or Aesop...I'll Never Know

It is lunch time. I am famished. I join the line by the sidewalk kiosk for a chicken wrap behind a tall, tan Mediterranean (good) looking guy dressed in a chef's suit (sans hat). He turns around. I smile and say hi.

****Heart. Be. Still.****
He's Mediterranean (weakness #1)
He can cook...really, really well (weakness #2)
He has a great accent (weakness #3)
****************************
He invites me to jump the line ahead of him. I accept wondering if he's gonna check out my butt (please don't be a creep!). He's in the middle of complimenting me on my hair (just got a new haircut, btw) when the wind whips in and blows some papers out of his hand. He goes running after them. I offer to help, but he insists that he's okay. He runs behind the food kiosk searching for the rest of his stash, laughing at himself.
It's my turn to order now. I look around wanting to ask him if he'd like me to order something for him since the line is growing longer by the second. But he has disappeared. I collect my chicken tahini wrap and walk back to my car thinking..."I bet his name was Luca...or something Mediterraneanly sexy like that!"

5 comments:

Misty said...

ooooooooooohhhh la la, girl.

Now you'll have some one else to think about.....

xo Misty

just jamie said...

He didn't come back....?

Sounds like you need to go a' searchin'.

Reasonably Happy Gal said...

That is just a tragedy...

Exposed said...

Oh, the brief encounters can be cherished. For all you'll ever know he'll remain that brilliant prize in your head or your dreams.

And then, if you do run into him again, throw yourself into the wind and insist that you need catching, too!

marisa said...

I love these brief moments...they leave so much to imagine for the rest of the day. *ahhh*